There’s a lot of talk about them. Check my sidebar and I’m sure you’ll find a more in-depth discussion of the current event. I really don’t care for the moment as I have zero interest in any product produced by said company. This story has further told me to simply stay away.
That being said, if you’re concerned about RFID chips, I suspect 10-seconds in the microwave will fry most chips, but leave most items (especially non-metallic, or items made of large solid pieces of metal. I haven’t extensively researched this but I hear its thin metal like foil, or pointed metal like forks that cause the most microwave drama) also baring a metallic reaction, simply putting a glass of water in the corner of the microwave to soak up the excess energy should keep your microwave from cooking itself.