This is just as bad as the Anti-D&D campaigns of the 80s, or the violent video game campaigns of the 90s. Yeah Batman did this….
There are general parallels to the Colorado shooting, “The Dark Knight” and the comic book character:
– Bruce Wayne’s drive to become Batman arose from witnessing the deaths of his parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne, at the hands of small-time criminal Joe Chill, who shot and killed them after they had left a movie theater.
– The Batman video game called “Arkham City” takes place in an abandoned movie theatre (The Monarch, outside of which Bruce Wayne’s parents were killed).
– In the “Dark Knight” graphic novel by Miller, the Joker slaughters the audience of a television talk show with gas.
– In the same book, a man beleaguered man shoots up a porn theater after being fired from his job, killing three people with a handgun.
– “The Dark Knight Rises” features at least two scenes where unsuspecting people are attacked in a public venue: the stock exchange and a football stadium.