As a new parent, I constantly read about food that poses a choking hazard. One of them is Hotdogs!
A Fourth of July hot-dog eating contest in western South Dakota turned tragic when a contestant choked to death.
Walter Eagle Tail, 47, of Custer, died at a hospital Thursday after attempts to save him at the scene failed, Custer County sheriff Rick Wheeler told the Rapid City Journal.
“There was someone doing CPR when we arrived,” Wheeler said. “He probably just suffocated. It got lodged in his throat and they (paramedics) couldn’t get it out.
“It all happened within minutes,” the sheriff said.
Even the “Professionals” can get over their heads. My heart goes out to the family for their tragic loss. Still, not a “Gun Death”. Rather than calling for a ban on eating contests, or hotdogs, they just want to ban guns, because only “gun death” counts!